One fine body…
Version for the visually impaired
The history of the university began on July 5, 1952. For four decades, the institute has been one of the leading universities not only in the republic, but also in the USSR.
In 1991, Ust-Kamenogorsk Pedagogical Institute was transformed into the East Kazakhstan State University and became the third university in Kazakhstan - the same age as a sovereign state.
In October 2003 by the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan the university was named after Sarsen Amanzholov - the scientist, linguist and Turkologist.
The university is an active member of the Eurasian Association of Universities.
In September 2009 by the decision of the Board of the Observatory the university was included into number of 600 world university leaders united around the Great Charter of Universities for realization of the principles of Bologna agreement.